3.21.2008

Spay

080321_1

080321_2

080321_3

Photobucket

It wasn't a big deal when our dogs got spayed or neutered, so I wasn't really prepared for what was about to come when I dropped off Pantsy at the vet.
When I went to pick her up, seeing her hurt both mentally and physically entirely broke my heart. I had to go through a few major debates with myself and others in terms of the reality and humanity.

For the first two days, she struggled to recover and get around with that silly looking satellite dish around her neck.
Unable to see the rest of the body, she kept bumping into corners, falling off chairs, missing targets, and licking the headband. However, she has developed the skill to march backwards, which has proven to be surprisingly useful and extremely cute. :>
She is furless on her tummy and one forearm. She can't play much. Eating and drinking are difficult. She has accidentally spilled, tipped over and broken things here and there. Unable to lick her whole body clean is driving her nuts. And on top of all that, she has to take painkillers five days straight.

I love Pantsy so much! It makes me extremely sad and guilty to ever put her in this position.
I guess it's just one of those things to compromise when the world is getting smaller.

1 comment:

Death said...

Update time?