5.31.2008

Re: Sichuan earthquake

When we first saw the notice, all my family including my sister, Mom, and Dad wanted to go to help out. I guess the enthusiastic gene does run in the family.
But thought about my past experience and potential dangers like aftershocks, cracked dams, plague outbreak, and possibly mental trauma, I persuaded them not to simply because they were not up to the challenge both physically and mentally.
I'm not saying I'm better or stronger than others.
I want to go because I can and I'll prepare myself to.

Persuading my overly-protective dad wasn't too hard.
I told him:
Some people lost their family and home overnight. They are seriously left with NOTHING.
We have so much. Why can't we help?
I want to go to Sichuan, on behalf of the family.

He listened in silence, then he said:
Fine. Go. I support you.

I have to admit that was pretty cool to hear him say that.

No comments: